Selling YOUR Waterfront Property
If you think that selling a waterfront home is the same as selling a luxury home, condo, or townhome, you’re right… they EACH need an experienced agent who knows that niche and specializes in the way that particular property type is marketed. Of the 650+ homes The Becker Group has sold in the last 3 yrs, nearly 1/3 of them have been waterfront homes. When selling a home, especially a waterfront home, it’s critical that a real estate agent and the seller be on the same page as one another. After all, we are partners for a few weeks while getting your home SOLD!
Price it Right, From the Start Pricing is especially critical when pricing waterfront homes, and many factors should be taken into consideration, such as: Are you part of a community, club, or association? What type of watersports are allowed on your lake? Are there horsepower restrictions for your watercraft? What amenities are available? What kind of frontage do you have? How deep is your access? Our FREE home evaluations offer in-depth insights into every aspect of what makes your home unique.
Hire a Top Producing Real Estate Agent When selling a waterfront home, you’re not just selling a home, you’re selling a Lifestyle, so it’s important to hire an agent who is not only knowledgeable on each unique area but can also properly guide you in presenting your home in its most alluring light. Don't necessarily choose the agent who suggests the highest list price (that number might be unrealistic); also look for the best marketing plan along with the best personality for your style and needs. Most of The Becker Group team members have enjoyed lake life for many years, and are well aware of what potential buyers are looking for.
Steps a Homeowner Can Take Be proactive in preparing your waterfront property for the market. To be a successful seller, you must detach yourself emotionally from your home and be honest about how it should look in order to sell.
- Since the water is most likely your main selling point, make sure the view of the water isn’t obstructed, whether that means trimming shrubbery or washing windows.
- If you have a pier, double-check for easy accessibility and stability. Replace worn or rotten decking. Give the pier a coat of paint so it looks fresh and inviting. Shorelines should be cleaned of any seaweed or debris that might have floated up.
- Many waterfront buyers are looking for second homes. They might be unfamiliar with the lakes or communities in the areas they have targeted for vacation homes. As such, it would be helpful to provide maps of the various lakes and surrounding areas.
- Stage your waterfront to make it easier for prospective buyers to imagine themselves there. Strategically place flowerpots on shorefront patios and decks. Set up lawn furniture in a socially inviting manner. Create multiple entertainment areas; each will add value in the waterfront buyer's mind. Much like in the dining room, set a table for a BBQ.
- We all know it’s a good idea to de-clutter, but display photos showing your family making special memories, whether it's building sandcastles, catching that whopper of a fish, ice skating, or boating… and don’t forget those photos of the perfect summer sunset or glorious fall colors ~ let them know your waterfront home is a great place to be, no matter the season.
The Becker Group is the first real estate team in our market to use NEW 3D technology to market your home, giving viewers a unique sense of actually being in the home.
IN IL: Serving Antioch Lake, Channel Lake, Lake Catherine, Lake Marie, Bluff Lake, Grass Lake, Loon Lake, Petite Lake, Nippersink Lake, Fox Lake, Deep Lake, Cedar Lake, Crooked Lake, Hastings Lake, Waterford Lake, Miltmore, Lake, Sand Lake, Third Lake, Fourth Lake, Round Lake, Long Lake, Pistakee Lake, Wonder Lake, Griswold Lake, Slocum Lake, Diamond Lake, Highland Lake, Sylvan Lake, Lake Charles, St Mary’s Lake, Minear Lake, Lake Zurich and Crystal Lake.
IN WI: Cross Lake, Brown’s Lake, Lake Shangrila, Lake Mary, Lake Elizabeth, Power’s Lake, Lily Lake, Paddock Lake, Benedict Lake, Silver Lake, Camp Lake, Center Lake, Hooker Lake, Rock Lake, Montgomery Lake, George Lake
Maps for Channel Lake, Lake Catherine, Lake Marie, and Bluff Lake
Kenosha County Lakes Info
Walworth County Lakes Info